2022-2023 Potential Public Speaking Topics For Ag-Ed Students Competing in FFA Speech Contests
NEW PUBLIC SPEAKING WORKSHOP FOR THE 2022-2023 SCHOOL YEAR CALLED…
Thanks for checking this list out! If you need any help with your public speaking or would like Brandon to come present a public speaking workshop feel free to give him a shout at:
- The Decline in Female Cattle Coming in 2023
- The Growing Interest in the USDA New Organic Transition Initiative
- Feedlots Defying Gravity?
- How Freight Rail Legislation Would Improve U.S. Wheat Market
- The Expanding Local Meat Processing Act
- FFA Membership reaches new High: Why such the surge?
- The Enemy From Within: Dealing with Wedge Issues in the NCBA
- Prussic Acid Toxicity, how an Oklahoma drought can affect your herd
- Oklahoma’s Rural Vet Shortage
- Sorghum in Vietnam?
- How Read an Accurate Ag Book Week is Helping Ag Education
- Milking The Story: Listeria Outbreak in the Dairy Industry
- Is the Future of Offshore Wind Energy Viable?
- Fraudulent Foods. How Food Transparency is Critical to Consumers
- New California Pig Welfare Rule and its Impact on Small Farmers
- Can you hear me now? Rural Agriculture still needs broadband internet
- China and the Hot Pursuit of Land Ownership in the U.S.
- How the Russian-Ukraine Conflict Could Affect the Ag Industry
- Increasing the minimum wage? Could our farmers afford it?
- What is “The New Agriculture Advanced Research and Development Authority”?
- Local Schools Adopt a Cow: Get a Free Year-Long Cow for your Classroom
- Feral Hogs Epidemic
- Health Challenges in Rural Oklahoma
- Combating the Opioid Crisis
- Organic Farming vs. Non-Organic
Agroterroism and the war on food
- GMOs vs. Non-GMOs: Educating the public
- Lack of Agricultural Literacy in the Public today
- Urban Sprawl & the Erosion of Farmland
- Combating World Hunger
- Emerging Science of Plant-Breeding Technology
- U.S. Trade and new Import Laws
FarmBot and the innovation of Robot Farming
- Vertical Farming
- COVID-19’s impact on the Agriculture
- Robotic Milking & the Dairy Industry
- The Costly Curse of Social Media and It’s Effect on the Ag Industry
- Building our Local Food Supply
- The Current Debate of Ag Monopolies
- The Processed Food War
- Improving Beef Advocacy
- Eradicating Invasive Species
- Urban Farming: Rooftop Gardening
- Protecting Agriculture & Rural Prosperity
- Challenges facing Agricultural Education
- New steps to improve Farm BioSecurity
- Animal Welfare vs. Animal Rights
How the legalization of Medical Marijuana could affect dAgriculture
- The Evolution of American Agriculture Careers
- Hunting, Fishing,& less TV, more agricultural exposure.
- Ethanol or No Ethanol?
- Solar Energy, Wind Farming, & Other Energy Resources
- Local Farmer’s Markets & the need for more food.
- SMART Farming: Using the power of apps to do more.
- Oklahoma Mesonet & Monitoring the Environment
- Improving Modern Aquaculture & Fish Hatcheries
- Christmas Tree Farming and the Benefits or Local Ag Production
How Agriculturalists Deal With Drought or Natural Disasters.
- Agricultural Easements: How to Legally Save Farmland
- Future of Irrigation and Water Supply
- Greenhouse Emissions & the Public Debate
- Purpose & History of Agricultural Extension and Education programs
- Precision Agriculture
- The Secretary of Agriculture & the vision for USDA
- Community Gardens in Rural & Urban Areas
- NAFTA & Global Agriculture
- New American Pork Exports: Argentina and Beyond
- E. Coli & Preventing Bacterial Outbreaks in Food
- Supporting young/BIPOC farmers
- Protecting Food Chain Workers
- Starting Tradition/Setting Chapter Standards
- Being a Team Player
- Horizontal Drilling
- Economic Impact of Oklahoma Agriculture
- Land-Grant Universities: The past, present, and future role of preparing students for the Ag Industry.
- Food Sustainability
Agritourism: Economic, Industrial, and Rural Impact
- New Technology in Seed Production
- Reducing Foodborne Illnesses
- New uses of Biocontrol Fungus
- USDA Services for Farmers & Ranchers
- The Rising of World Wheat Consumption
- Potential Shifting of U.S. Farm Tariffs
- Ag Gag Laws
The Battle for Beef: Food Insecurity around the globe
- School Lunch Programs & Fighting Food Insecurity during COVID-19
- Protecting Agricultural Education, Research, and Literacy Beyond 2020
- How to recruit new Ag Teachers into the profession
- Smart Growth Policies
- California’s Ban On Plastic. What could it lead to?
- Addressing today’s skill gap and what is needed in the Ag Industry
- Real or Unreal? The possibilities of Lab Grown Fake Meat
- Improving Ag Literacy in Urban Areas
- Factory Farming vs. Family Farming
- How we can articulate the message of Agriculture
- Exploring Nutritional Research
- Food Identification Among Consumers
- The Future of Auctioneering
- Drought-Resistant Spinach: Gene-editing in Agriculture
- Developing Local Sustainable Food Systems
- The Affordable Clean Energy(ACE) Rule’s impact on CO2 emissions
- Decreasing the Risks of Food-Borne Illnesses
- Defining the Millennial Farmer
- What is Warehouse Farming?
- Using Drones to Fight Crop Diseases
- Chocolate Farming? Why Cocoa Production is at Risk.
The Negative Role of Fake News in Agriculture
- Apps in Agriculture? The Revolution of Agriculture Technology
- Finding Your Voice: How FFA Helps Students Overcome the Number 1 Fear
- Intercropping: The War on Weeds and Pests
- The Ogallala Aquifer: Making Every Drop of Water Count
The Importance of Ag in the Classroom and Other Ag Literacy Programs
- The Rise of Disruptive Technology and the impact on the Beef Industry
How to Recruit New FFA Members into Your FFA Chapter
- How Online Grocery Shopping Could Impact Consumers & Producers
- No Wheaties for Me: The Growing Trend of Eating Gluten-Free
Meatless Meat: Could this Alternative Meat
- Farming in Outer Space
- Maintaining Ag Research Funding
- National Farm Broadcasters Association and the future of Ag Communications
- Food availability in 2022 and beyond
- Building our Rural Electric Infrastructure
- The Use of Ivermectin and the Doorway to Clinical Trials
- The Supreme Court & California’s Proposition 12 Animal Welfare Law
- Can AI Farming Make Agriculture More Sustainable?
- Bill Gates and Silicon Valley’s Green Tech Fund
- Farm to Fork Agriculture Program
- The Government Taxing Your Livestock
- McGirt Tribal Case and the Impact on Oklahoma’s Agriculture
- The future taxation of the US family farms
- How FFA equips leaders to fill a desperate labor force
- The Future of Ag Retailing
- Farmer’s Markets Going Online!
- How Human Trafficking Has Affected Agriculture
- Future of Farming and the Border Crisis
- What could be the Next Animal Pandemic?
- Usage of Digital Tools to Communicate with Plants
- Vaccines in your Salad? Edible Vaccines Coming to a Store near a you!
- Do indoor plants purify the air?
- Farms and Vaccine Requirements
- The Taliban and Food Security in Afghanistan
- Xenotransplantation: The Industry and the Science
- Improving Food quality and production efficiency
- Recent Food Changes for Charity laws
- Food labeling & consumer information