Public Speaking is one of America’s greatest fears, but yet one of the most needed skills in the workforce and in schools. Here is a list of topics to help get you started this next year. Feel free to contact me if you ever need any help crafting or presenting your speech. Never give in to your nerves and don’t ever stop trying. You got this! Best wishes!
2016-2017 Potential Public Speaking Topics For Students in Speech Contests
1. AgriTourism Industry
2. Millennials and the Growing need for Farmers
3. Social Media & Agricultural Awareness
4. Importance of Agriculture Advocacy
5.Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) & the local farmer
6. Trans-Pacific Partnership Potential Impact on Agriculture
7. State Question 777: Right to Farm Bill
8. Growing Food in Space?
9. Urban Farming: Rooftop Gardening
10. Immigration effects on the farm, the work force, and our food supply
11. Feral Hogs Epidemic
12. Challenges Facing Rural Health & Farmlands
13. Atrazine Ban’s effect on Corn Farmers
14. Predicting the upcoming 2018 Farm Bill
15. Agroterroism and the war on food
16. GMOs vs. Non-GMOs
17. Lack of Agricultural Literacy in the Public today
18. Urban Sprawl & the Erosion of Farmland
19. Solutions to World Hunger & Poverty
20. Emerging Science of Plant-Breeding Technology
21. Brexit’s Potential Impact on U.S. Trade
22. FarmBot and the innovation of Robot Farming
23. Vertical Farming
24. Challenges facing Agricultural Education and the need for Teacher Retention
25. Importance of BioSecurity on Farms
26. Animal Welfare vs. Animal Rights
27. Water Rights: The Debate, The Dilemma, The Decision.
28. Exploring the Variety of Ag Careers
29. Hunting, Fishing,& less TV, more agricultural exposure.
30. Ethanol or No Ethanol?
31. Solar Energy, Wind Farming, & Other Energy Resources
32. Local Farmer’s Markets & the need for more food.
33. SMART Farming: Using the power of apps to do more.
34. Oklahoma Mesonet & Monitoring the Environment
35. Improving Modern Aquaculture & Fish Hatcheries
36. EPA & the Clean Air Demand
37. How Agriculturalists Deal With Drought or Natural Disasters.
38. Agricultural Easements: How to Legally Save Farmland
39. World Trade Organization and International Tariffs
40. Greenhouse Emissions & the Public Debate
41. Purpose & History of Agricultural Extension and Education programs
42. Precision Agriculture
43. Pros & Cons of the Brazilian Beef Agreement
44. Community Gardens in Rural & Urban Areas
45. Cloned meat and the possible reality of it
46. Pork 2 Human Heart Xenotransplantation
47. Improving Food quality and production efficiency
48. Recent Food for Charity laws
49. Food labeling & consumer information
50. Evolution of the Family Farm
51. E. Coli & Preventing Bacterial Outbreaks in Food
52. Servant Leadership
53. Leaving a Legacy
54. Starting Tradition
55. Being a Team Player